Stamford, CT, USA
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
Operations Manager: Role, Expectations, and Responsibilities
Who we are:
Empire Portfolio Group™ was founded in 2013 with a vision to develop strong brands and supercharge their long-term growth. In an increasingly crowded and competitive industry, our team not only outperforms the norm but most importantly prioritizes making differences in team and studio members' lives.
Headquartered in New York City, Empire Portfolio Group is a leading Area Representative and franchisee of Orangetheory Fitness. The Company owns, operates and supports 140+ Orangetheory Fitness studios across DC, Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Vermont, and Virginia.
Who we’re looking for:
The Operations Manager’s mission is operational excellence to ensure top quality and production in the studios they oversee. This includes handling all equipment, technology, and facility issues. This position requires the ability to develop strong relationships with outside vendors, create internal processes that can be replicated across the entire company, and stay within budget. You are well organized, a problem-solver, and a producer.
· Detail oriented and well organized
· Multi-tasker with minimal supervision.
· On-call availability due to the possibility of facility or IT issues needing to be resolved as soon as possible
· Proven flexibility and willingness to handle various tasks independently and to meet deadlines.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 1-2 years of operations experience, ideally in a fitness setting.
· Facility maintenance, issues and repair
· Cleanliness and orderliness of the studios
· Facility audits and walk-throughs
· Inventory levels and supplies for studio maintenance and/or marketing materials
· Retail purchasing and inventory
· Budget reconciliation via Brex
· Daily Financial Reporting (e.g. auditing refunds and unpaids etc.)
· IT, Tech and Facility updates
· Maintain and maximize working relationships with outside vendors to get the best deals
· Cross-trained on studio sales process and class check-in process to step in if necessary
· MBO audits (e.g. deactivating terminated members)
· Analyze current processes and look for improvements to maximize efficiency
· Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities: Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds to a maximum of 50 pounds unassisted; able to sit, stand, stoop, walk, stretch, reach frequently; moderate range of body motions.
Beyond The Paycheck:
· Complimentary services and employee discounts with Orangetheory Fitness and Relive Health
· Empire cares about you—we offer access to free mental health counseling
· Discounts on theme parks, travel, movies, etc. through LifeMart and TicketsAtWork
· Pre-tax commuter benefit plan to save on public transportation to/from work
Our Mission: To bring out your best life through inspiring, motivating and exceptional moments
Vision: To be the premier wellness portfolio that supercharges everyday life
Values: Happy, Hungry, Humble, Healthy & Human
Salary: $20 per hour
·Medical, Dental, and Vision
· Employee discounts
· Paid time off
· Professional development assistance
EEO Statement: Empire Portfolio Group is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, marital status or other classification prohibited by applicable local, state or federal laws. This policy is applicable to hiring, termination, compensation, schedules, discipline, working conditions and all other aspects of employment. As an employee, you are expected to honor this policy and to take an active role in keeping harassment and discrimination out of the workplace. We are happy to work with otherwise qualified disabled employees in order to accommodate limitations, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). It is up to the employee to approach the office manager with this request and provide medical proof of his or her needs upon the Company’s request.