Multi Unit Fitness Manager
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 2, 2024
About Empire Portfolio Group
Empire Portfolio Group™ was founded in 2013 with a vision to develop strong brands and supercharge their long-term growth. In an increasingly crowded and competitive industry, our team not only outperforms the norm but most importantly prioritizes making differences in team and studio members' lives.
Headquartered in New York City, Empire Portfolio Group is a leading Area Representative and franchisee of Orangetheory Fitness. The Company owns, operates and supports 140+ Orangetheory Fitness studios across DC, Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Vermont, and Virginia.
The Multi Unit Fitness Manager role within Empire Portfolio Group is the acting Fitness Manager over 4 Orangetheory locations. They will source, recruit and develop fitness talent. They will also ensure both customer growth and retention in their studios. The role has autonomy in ways of motivating and leading their teams to success which includes meeting monthly KPIs. An ideal person utilizes problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and excellent judgment under pressure.
- Hire and train all coaches, keeping them up to date with the latest fitness initiatives
- Monthly coach evaluations and quarterly performance reviews
- Allocate time in all studios based on the managerial needs of the locations
- Review and educate coaches on each coach’s KPIs
- Staff development with goal of 60% coach closing for prospective members
- Execute progressive disciplinary actions when necessary
- Schedule and plan education workshops
- Member outreach and engagement with the goal of 4% monthly attrition or less
- Focus on increasing member adherence – the number of workouts a member takes per week in studio
- Focus on training coaches to advocate for the selling of the OTF heart-rate monitor with every new membership (goal of 70% or more)
- The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee
- Entrepreneur mindset with ability to think and problem-solve creatively
- Strong communication and collaboration skills – both written and verbal
- Attention to detail and ability to establish effective working relationships with staff
- Multi-tasker with minimal supervision
- Proven flexibility and willingness to handle various tasks independently and to meet deadlines
- Leadership Skills: Able to motivate, discipline, and resolve conflict
- Ability to source, train and develop talent
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of managerial experience ideally in a fitness setting.
- Must currently hold current fitness certification from an OTF approved education company such as ACSM, ACE, NAMS, NCSA, AFAA, or NFPT
- Must have up to date CPR/AED certification
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities: Ability to lift a minimum of 8 pounds to a maximum of 50 pounds unassisted; able to sit, stand, stoop, walk, stretch, reach frequently; moderate range of body motions.
Beyond The Paycheck
- Complimentary services and employee discounts with Orangetheory Fitness and Relive Health
- Empire cares about you—we offer access to free mental health counseling
- Discounts on theme parks, travel, movies, etc. through LifeMart and TicketsAtWork
- Pre-tax commuter benefit plan to save on public transportation to/from work
Our Mission: To bring out your best life through inspiring, motivating and exceptional moments
Vision: To be the premier wellness portfolio that supercharges everyday life
Values: Happy, Hungry, Humble, Healthy & Human
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Employee discounts
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
EEO Statement: Empire Portfolio Group is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, marital status or other classification prohibited by applicable local, state or federal laws. This policy is applicable to hiring, termination, compensation, schedules, discipline, working conditions and all other aspects of employment. As an employee, you are expected to honor this policy and to take an active role in keeping harassment and discrimination out of the workplace. We are happy to work with otherwise qualified disabled employees in order to accommodate limitations, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). It is up to the employee to approach the office manager with this request and provide medical proof of his or her needs upon the Company’s request.