The Director of Operations will be the Market Partner in a given Thrive region. This is a 100% field-facing role responsible for strategizing, organizing, and directing the operations in their given region: including staffing, training, sales and local marketing, profitability, member experience, operations administration, and compliance. They support a high-performance, high-care culture that operates with pace and discipline in delivering results through well trained team members. This leader takes personal initiative to ensure the success of the organization and the achievement of goals.
- Create alignment across the region grounded in Thrive’s Mission, Vision & Purpose
- Meet and exceed target profitability on a per studio and market aggregate basis.
- Own the recruiting, training, and assimilation process for all management positions within the market.
- Support in the creation of training manuals & supporting execution guides.
- Maintain 100% management staffing across all studios and maintain a pipeline to minimize role vacancy.
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes to provide visibility into the goals, progress, and obstacles of key initiatives.
- Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly meetings with a focus on staff development, KPI performance & community partnership/service.
- Team member succession planning
- Direct oversight of studio controllable expenses to include labor control management, COGS, repairs/maintenance, and studio supplies.
- Supervise all inventory for proper accounting and product shrink controls to maximize margins.
- Energize through on-going coaching and performance development to include formal performance appraisals and continuous feedback to Area Managers.
- Use Tangerine, Studio Portal, and all OTF & Thrive reporting to maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process & data analysis.
- Practice interdepartmental collaboration (Sales & Fitness).
- Work closely with Human Resources to lead the team with integrity and to establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment.
- Administer regular site visits to ensure highest level of service, sales, and process integration. Uphold standards in cleanliness and equipment upkeep.
- Ensure that member concerns are addressed with urgency and a kind spirit. All studios L360 platforms must be monitored and actioned regularly with 100% completion of tasks.
- Understand market competitive landscape for changes in pricing, operations, amenities, and talent acquisition.
- Participate in annual budgets and financial drivers for growth.