We are growing and always looking for top level Coaching talent! If you are currently have, or are pursuing, these certifications (ACSM, ACE, NASM, NCSA, AFAA, or NFPT) and are interested in a future with Orangetheory Fitness, don't be shy! Apply now with this general job application and we will try to assess you for future openings.
We have studios in Darien, Fairfield, Milford, Norwalk, Shelton and Westport
About Orangetheory Fitness
Orangetheory Fitness is the leading award winning and trendsetting franchise fitness organization with 1500+ locations open in the US and internationally, with expansion and growth on the horizon for 2023 and beyond.
With our science-backed, technology-tracked fitness studios that offer heart-rate based workouts in a supportive and motivating environment, we are revolutionizing the path to fitness and activity.
As an Orangetheory Fitness employee, you'll be part of a team that's dedicated to helping people achieve their fitness goals and lead healthier, happier lives. You'll work in a positive and energetic environment where you'll be encouraged to grow and develop your skills.
We’re looking for coaches who inspire and create exceptional moments on a daily basis. The superhumans who supercharge others. We promise to help you grow as a coach and give you the opportunities to develop and advance your career. We ask for you to be humble, happy and hungry for growth.
As an OTF Fitness Coach, you will be responsible for delivering scientifically predesigned workouts for up to 45 clients per session. This position requires a strong ability to coach and manage time, motivating multiple clients in a group setting. An OTF Coach must focus on a well-rounded theory of fitness, including endurance, strength, and power, using the tools given to optimize the client’s experience and results.
· Lead, inspire and motivate members through demonstrating exercises and proper techniques of pre-defined workouts. Help members set and achieve goals.
· Clearly demonstrate and explain exercises, ensuring participants understand the correct form and technique to perform them safely and effectively. Offer options to accommodate various fitness levels or any individual limitations.
· Managing class dynamics: Create a positive and inclusive atmosphere by fostering a sense of community and teamwork among participants. Manage the flow of the class, ensuring a smooth transition between exercises and keeping everyone engaged and focused.
· Understand the science behind the Orangetheory Fitness workouts - specifically heart-rate-interval training
· Ensure safety and preventing injuries: Prioritize the safety of participants by monitoring their movements, correcting improper form, and addressing any safety concerns. Maintain a clean and hazard-free exercise environment and be prepared to administer basic first aid if necessary
· Consistent member engagement and outreach
· Must hold current fitness certification from an OTF approved education company such as ACSM, ACE, NASM, NCSA, AFAA, or NFPT
· Intermediate knowledge of physiology, exercise technique, and body mechanics
· Ability to multi-task and stay organized
· Positive, motivating and effective interpersonal communication skills
· Desire and capacity to train all fitness levels
· Bachelor’s degree in an exercise related field is preferred
· CPR/AED certification
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· Must be able to safely lift and move up to 40lbs
Perks & Growth Opportunities
· Career Growth: We’re looking for Coaches who want to grow into Head Coaches & Multi-Unit Fitness Managers!
· Ability to work in multiple locations throughout our network of studios
· As we expand to multiple health and wellness brands, you could have the ability to work cross-functionally.
· Base hourly rate
· Commissions (Total compensation per class $25-$75 based on class size)
· No need to chase after clients or hustle to different locations. We provide you with clients and give you multiple opportunities to coach at the same location
Beyond The Paycheck
· Make lifelong friends with your team and members. Not only do we impact members’ lives with our workouts, but we also make an impact beyond the studio—we regularly host classes to support important causes, participate in local runs & events, and work with local charities.