Regional Fitness Manager
The Regional Fitness Manager (RFM) will be responsible for overseeing the fitness standards of studio(s) under franchisee ownership including franchisee’s under AR umbrella, and hold fitness teams accountable to standards to ensure further success/growth of studios. RFM will be responsible for facilitating local regional coaching events and evaluations, and development of new team members and continued development of the head coaches/coaches of studios.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Teach Orange 60 fitness classes and fitness training workshops in order to educate coaches on best practices and orange standards, minimum of 6 classes and ideally no more than 18.
* Practice regular independent, discretionary judgment in order to ensure OTF strict guidelines are being followed and communicated with HC and Owners.
* Must submit monthly schedule to include class changes of fitness team, specialty classes etc. and ensure this has been updated in MBO. Along with weekly report to Owners outlining work hours and activities performed that week and project following week.
* Perform monthly evaluations of head coaches and provide mentoring for improvement as needed, and ensure head coaches are performing monthly evaluations on fitness team, to include a one on one meeting to review evaluation.
* Present 3-5 day OT Fit certification fitness training classes as needed to enforce OTF Guidelines when onboarding new coaches.
* Assess candidate performance throughout training certification to determine if candidate meets strict criteria, along with a final sit down to review results, before gaining Owners approval for hire.
* Present Continuing Education classes on a monthly basis, and utilize Head Coaches during presentation to further develop team.
* Assist with studio compliance audits as needed in relation to fitness standards and coaches. This includes assisting and auditing entire studio operations in addition to the fitness team evaluations. Studio Fitness Coaching must be performed outside of the required regional fitness duties.
*Attends monthly events and ensure fitness has a presence as well and are meeting their monthly requirements.
* Holding weekly Fitness Management meeting either in person or via conference calls.
* Review Listen 360 daily for region and ensure to follow up on any detractors with associated studio management.
* Host quarterly Regional Fitness meetings for HC’s and coaches
* Attend all monthly corporate hosted webinars.
* Self-motivated and driven fitness professional
* Experience in the fitness industry in a leadership role - direct experience in fitness training
* Excellent communication and organization skills required
* Ability to effectively give training presentations to small groups, with previous experience in
* Knowledge of computer skills, MS office and basic software programs
* Compliance with the OTF Brand
* Success at the Head Trainer position in a studio is preferred
* Able to work flexible schedules as needed, including weekends and holidays
* Successful completion of the OT Fit Certification
* Minimum 5+ years' experience as a leader in the fitness industry
* Minimum of one year as an OTF Fitness Coach
* Current nationally accredited personal trainer or primary group exercise certification from one of the following: NSCA, ACE, ACSM, AFAA or NASM
* Current CPR/ AED certification
* Bachelor’s Degree in an Exercise Science related field is a plus
* Communication proficiency
* Public Speaking
* Training Skills
* Computer skills
Directly supervises the fitness coaches employed at their studio and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks; where applicable.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Must understand heart rate focused training programs and the science that supports the OTF workouts Excellent communication and customer service skills
Demonstrates knowledge of the product, market and competition
This job operates both in a fitness studio environment and in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This role also routinely uses studio fitness equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
This is a full-time position, which may include weekends and holidays.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel will be expected.
Orangetheory Fitness provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.