Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is the leading health and wellness platform, on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We are revolutionizing telehealth for providers and their patients alike. Making personalized solutions accessible is of paramount importance to Hims & Hers and we are focused on continued innovation in this space. Hims & Hers offers nonprescription products and access to highly personalized prescription solutions for a variety of conditions related to mental health, sexual health, hair care, skincare, heart health, and more.
Hims & Hers is a public company, traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about the brand and offerings, you can visit hims.com and forhers.com, or visit our investor site. For information on the company’s outstanding benefits, culture, and its talent-first flexible/remote work approach, see below and visit www.hims.com/careers-professionals.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to help build a reliable web experience for our users. We believe that moving fast is our competitive advantage, and enables us to better serve our users. We also know that the faster we move, the more likely we are to break things.
- Design and implement SRE practices ensuring availability, scalability and observability of production systems with a strong focus on excellent customer experience
- Actively seek and identify opportunities to improve the availability and performance of the system by applying the learnings from monitoring and observation.
- Use automation extensively to design, configure, manage, and monitor systems in support of our product development teams
- Manage Infrastructure through automation (Infrastructure as Code)
- Manage incidents and emergency response, track outages, ensure data integrity and engineer releases to promote safe, efficient and rapid deployments
- Handle emergency response either by being on-call or by reacting to symptoms according to monitoring and escalation when needed
- Improve the codebase by resolving logic issues, deprecating unused code, etc.
- Implement monitoring, logging, alerting and SLO Reporting
- Identify Service Level Indicators (SLIs) that will align the team to meet the availability and performance objectives.
- Perform and run blameless RCAs on incidents and outages aggressively looking for answers that will prevent incident reoccurrence.
- 8+ years as a software engineer, shipping production code.
- 5+ years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer.
- Experience with service-oriented architectures and microservices at scale
- Strong proficiency with RDBMS databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, etc.)
- Strong proficiency in SQL scripting
- Proficiency developing in one or more languages such as Java, Kotlin, Python, and/or others
- Ability to use containers and orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes, Docker, Container registries etc.)
- Proficiency in Git or other VCS
- Experience with configuring, customizing, and extending monitoring tools (Datadog, Prometheus, New Relic etc.)
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong technical competency, with a data-driven analytical approach towards solving complex challenges
- Have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong and effective communication skills and a sense of drive
- Nice-to-have: Experience with Terraform or other IAC tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Hims & hers is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com. Please do not send resumes to this email address.