Director, IT Operations Warehouse/Pharmacy
Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is the leading health and wellness platform, on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We are revolutionizing telehealth for providers and their patients alike. Making personalized solutions accessible is of paramount importance to Hims & Hers and we are focused on continued innovation in this space. Hims & Hers offers nonprescription products and access to highly personalized prescription solutions for a variety of conditions related to mental health, sexual health, hair care, skincare, heart health, and more.
Hims & Hers is a public company, traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about the brand and offerings, you can visit hims.com and forhers.com, or visit our investor site. For information on the company’s outstanding benefits, culture, and its talent-first flexible/remote work approach, see below and visit www.hims.com/careers-professionals.
About the Role:
Exciting opportunity to be part of the Technology Operations leadership team!
We are looking for a Director to lead our IT field operations across implementations and support of all infrastructure systems including security systems (firewall), routers, switches, access points, servers, workstations, printers, and RF devices for warehouses/pharmacies. This role is onsite based in Columbus, OH, or Gilbert, AZ, and requires travel between sites as needed, with future opportunities for hybrid work arrangement.
- The #1 priority of this position is to ensure the systems supporting the warehouse/pharmacy are always up and running in both Columbus, OH and Gilbert, AZ
- Maintain infrastructure services covering all network devices (firewall, routers, switches, access points, servers, workstations, RFs, and printers), operating systems, and applications uptime running on the physical and virtual server infrastructure - ensuring stability and up to date operating systems and patches
- Lead a team supporting IT field operations by establishing continuous service improvement targets and individual team metrics, to help develop team members and overall team performance
- Ensure proactive monitoring, performance tuning, security administration, capacity planning, and disaster recovery (server backups) of all applicable hardware, and systems
- Ensure users are provided with efficient, effective, and timely support on a 24x7 basis; manage staff schedules to ensure optimal coverage and responsiveness between multiple sites
- Joint ownership of warehouse/pharmacy COTS systems with a focus on technical aspects including relationship management of the system integrators
- Experience with vendor performance management - development and monitoring of SOWs and deliverables, SLA compliance, and general vendor relationship management
- Oversee incident management and root-cause identification exercises to identify and correct major problems in collaboration with SRE and Business Operations teams
- End-to-end planning, management, and delivery of operational and technology projects related to the warehousing/pharmacy environment
- Communicate regularly with staff through group meetings and individual sessions; ensure issues/input from the team are listened to and that organization/department strategy, goals, and decisions are communicated consistently and on time
- Assist with developing and enforcing IT procedures, standards, and best practices in collaboration with Corporate IT and Security
- Provide IT license forecasting, contract negotiations, technology refresh, and budget
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant work experience
- 12+ years of experience in a Technology related role
- 5 + years experience supporting Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and/or Pharmacies
- Background in Retail or Healthcare industry preferred
- Expert in proposing, implementing, and configuring solutions to complex business-critical problems
- Experience operating successfully within a high-growth and fast-paced environment
- Experience with user-centric customer support
- Strong technical knowledge of Windows (Mac OS nice to have)
- 5 + years with network design, configuring, and managing WAN / LAN layer 2 and 3 site-to-site VPN, QoS, DNS, TCP/IP protocols, and IPv6.
- 5 + years experience with virtualization, VMWare
- Familiarity with Cisco Meraki (security appliance, managed switches, wireless access points, and cameras)
- Familiarity and working knowledge of SD-WAN, ZTNA, and Perimeter Security
- Experience with SOX and HIPAA preferred
- Experience with Hybrid Cloud environment preferred (Public or Private Cloud)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong creative and analytical thinking with a high attention to detail
- Self-directed and capable of taking initiative
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Hims & hers is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com. Please do not send resumes to this email address.