Area Manager, Maintenance Facilities
Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is the leading health and wellness platform, on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We are revolutionizing telehealth for providers and their patients alike. Making personalized solutions accessible is of paramount importance to Hims & Hers and we are focused on continued innovation in this space. Hims & Hers offers nonprescription products and access to highly personalized prescription solutions for a variety of conditions related to mental health, sexual health, hair care, skincare, heart health, and more.
Hims & Hers is a public company, traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about the brand and offerings, you can visit hims.com and forhers.com, or visit our investor site. For information on the company’s outstanding benefits, culture, and its talent-first flexible/remote work approach, see below and visit www.hims.com/careers-professionals.
About the Role:
This role reports to the Director of Industrial Engineering. The Area Manager, Maintenance Facilities provides mid-level support to the Operations, Engineering & Maintenance Department by applying predictive and preventive maintenance procedures for all critical production equipment in the warehouse like HVAC, Compressor, Forklifts etc. This position analyzes, troubleshoots, and communicates maintenance problems/concerns in the following areas: electrical, mechanical, plumbing, air compression, and HVAC relating to the equipment in the warehouse. The Lead Maintenance Facilities Technician works with general supervision and will interact with a supervisor several times per week, perhaps daily, to receive guidance and feedback. Many non-routine activities will require a supervisor’s advance approval.
You Will Lead a Group of Maintenance Technicians To:
- Equipment Maintenance – Assist with or perform independently corrective, preventive and planned maintenance activities on production-related equipment such as conveyance, shelving, racking etc., powered industrial trucks, and building equipment such as HVAC, Air compressors, water filtration as needed.
- Building Maintenance – Perform painting, sheetrock repairs, and general tenant improvement work as needed. Perform minor repairs on doors, dock plates, and plumbing to resolve problems and ensure successful operation. Evaluate, repair and maintain plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems.
- Facility Cleanliness / Safety – Ensure the primary work areas are organized, neat and clean both during and upon completion of maintenance related activities. Adhere to 5S principles. Identify and act immediately regarding any safety hazards, spills, etc., to avoid the risk of accidents. Use safe lifting techniques and operate power equipment in a safe manner. Abide by all stated regulations while performing work. Understands and complies with all hazardous energy policies and procedures including lock-out/tag-out.
- Fabrication – Utilize materials and tools to assist with the creation of custom equipment to support the operation (i.e., wood, metal, etc.).
- Record Keeping -- Perform necessary data entry (i.e., work order tracking/filing) and keep current tools and documents updated as necessary (i.e., Safety Data Sheets). Maintain records using appropriate software (i.e. Maintenance Connection) to ensure accountability of time, parts and repairs.
- Identify facilities issues and develop an ongoing strategy to chart trends and take appropriate remedial action from a predictive maintenance approach.
- Communicate to management all issues that could result in safety risks or those that might cause loss to Hims or its associates.
- Work as directed in all areas of the Warehouse to maintain safety and health standards for the facility.
- Perform calibration and testing procedures on equipment to ensure accurate operation and compliance with quality standards.
- Respond promptly to equipment breakdowns, emergencies, and production interruptions to minimize downtime.
- Work closely with production personnel to coordinate repairs and minimize disruptions to the manufacturing process.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization, efficiency improvements, and cost savings related to equipment maintenance and operation.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to implement improvement projects and contribute to the continuous improvement culture within the organization.
- Stay updated with industry trends, technological advancements, and best practices related to general equipment maintenance.
- 5+ years of experience in maintenance, facilities, or field with related skills.
- 3+ years of formal leadership experience with direct reports
- Ability to safely lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds, either in conjunction with his or her regular responsibilities or those assigned in other areas as directed.
- Use of business computer systems and applications—specifically, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project Management
- Ability to troubleshoot problems with machinery without supervision or direction.
- Ability to document predictive/preventive maintenance charts, technical data and other data; interpret data and provide relevant input for process improvement.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English (Bilingual in Spanish preferred)
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach overhead with arms and hands and climb ladders; must be able to climb stairs up to three flights and not be afraid of heights utilizing scissor or bucket lifts.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Demonstrated high level ability to troubleshoot, maintain, and operate advance technical equipment in a related industry.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and motivate in a highly technical and fast paced environment
- Have knowledge of and experience with PLC systems
- Have knowledge of and experience with CMMS systems
- Have formal training or certification through an accredited institution in at least one of the following areas: electrical, mechanical, plumbing, air compression, PLC system or HVAC trades
- Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required proof of age documents.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED required.
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
Conditions of Employment:
- This position will require working with Hazardous Drugs (HD) and would require that Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) be worn for the length of working with these drugs. These items would include gloves, respiratory protection, gown and other items as required.
- This position requires medical approval to wear respiratory protection in the form of negative or positive pressure respirators, including N95, full face respirator, SCBA, or Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
- Physical exertion required. Including, but not limited to, walking up to 50% of the time, standing up to 100% of the time, squatting and bending up to 20% of the time and lifting up to 80% of the time for up to a twelve hour shift. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Due to the risk of reproductive capability in handling or compounding certain Hazardous Drugs (HD) associates must be willing to confirm that they understand the potential risks (teratogenicity, carcinogenicity and reproductive effects) of handling hazardous drugs.
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.