Sr. DevOps Engineer
Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is the leading health and wellness platform, on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We are revolutionizing telehealth for providers and their patients alike. Making personalized solutions accessible is of paramount importance to Hims & Hers and we are focused on continued innovation in this space. Hims & Hers offers nonprescription products and access to highly personalized prescription solutions for a variety of conditions related to mental health, sexual health, hair care, skincare, heart health, and more.
Hims & Hers is a public company, traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about the brand and offerings, you can visit hims.com and forhers.com, or visit our investor site. For information on the company’s outstanding benefits, culture, and its talent-first flexible/remote work approach, see below and visit www.hims.com/careers-professionals.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to help build and maintain the infrastructure powering our ecommerce platform. We believe that moving fast is our competitive advantage; that moving fast enables us to better serve our users so we build fully automated CI/CD pipelines for all of our applications. We also know that the faster we move, the more risk we face causing disruptions, so we invest heavily into observability tools.
- Enable product teams to focus on developing business logic while DevOps takes care of reliably operating our platform and production sites with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Actively seek and identify opportunities to improve the availability and performance of the system by applying the learnings from monitoring and observation.
- Independently lead key projects in support of business and technology strategy.
- Use automation extensively to design, configure, manage, and monitor systems in support of our product development teams
- Manage Infrastructure through automation (Infrastructure as Code - terraform knowledge preferred)
- Perform and run blameless RCAs on incidents and outages aggressively looking for answers that will prevent incident reoccurrence.
- Define, Design, and implement DevOps practices ensuring availability, scalability and observability of production systems with a strong focus on excellent customer experience
- Manage incidents and emergency response, track outages, ensure data integrity and engineer releases to promote secure, efficient and rapid deployments.
- There will be an Oncall rotation but it will be fairly distributed across the team, including the manager, who also takes a weekly rotation!
- Troubleshoot various production or non-production issues and alerts and identify the root cause
- Implement security and compliance related controls inline with HIPAA, PCI, and NIST
- Support a multi-cloud environment with a data-first mindset. Also work with teams such as Data Platform Engineering to deliver Data Pipelines and MLOps.
- 5+ years as a DevOps Engineer
- Experience with service-oriented architectures and microservices at scale
- Strong proficiency with Public Cloud providers (AWS, GCP)
- Experience with Terraform or other IaC tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI or GitHub Actions
- Ability to use containers and orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes, Docker, Container registries etc.) -EKS Experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in Git
- Proficiency scripting in one or more languages such as Python, Bash, Go and/or others
- Experience with configuring, customizing, and extending monitoring tools (Datadog, ELK, Prometheus, etc.)
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong technical competency, with a data-driven analytical approach towards solving complex challenges
- Have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong and effective communication skills and a sense of drive
- Knowledge of information security standards rules and regulations related to information security and data confidentiality (e.g. HIPAA, PCI DSS, NIST, ISO, etc.)
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.