Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. We connect consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to sexual health, hair care, mental health, skincare, primary care, and more.
With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers is on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We believe how you feel in your body and mind transforms how you show up in life. That’s why we’re building a future where nothing stands in the way of harnessing this power. We normalize health & wellness challenges—and innovate on their solutions—to make feeling happy and healthy easy to achieve. No two people are the same, so we provide access to personalized care designed for results. At our core, our mission is deeply personal—because we too are customers.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Category Director who has a track record of success in roles at growing companies, ideally at a tech, healthcare or consumer startup. You love both building and optimizing, and both strategizing and doing. You are a structured and creative thinker, able to toggle easily between the big themes and the little details. You love data and customer insights and you can prove your ability to learn new systems quickly. And you love working with smart colleagues of varied expertise who share a commitment to putting the customer first!
- Build the growth strategy for your category. Size and prioritize opportunities and project sales figures for new products.
- Partner closely with product managers and product marketers to identify and address business opportunities and define the offering for our customers.
- Execute growth strategy by collaborating cross-functionally with a variety of different teams across the organization.
- Continually refine the business model, including offering and pricing opportunities and providing a link between cross-functional teams.
- Rapidly test hypotheses and conduct data analysis with the goal of constantly improving the metrics.
- Apply complex and ambiguous data to surface actionable insights and strategies across the customer journey.
- Provide insights to marketing channel partners considering market and consumer research, competitor’s positioning, and product value props that will allow them to drive profitable user acquisition and increased retention.
- Continuously build business relationships across functional teams.
- 8+ years of professional experience with evidence of increasing responsibility including product management or e-commerce marketing and owning a budget.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus in an analytical field. MBA preferred.
- Prior small company or start-up experience is required. Experience with marketplaces or past consulting experience is a plus.
- Strategic and tactical experience designing, building, and executing scalable processes from scratch, ideally in an operations-intensive environment.
- Knowledge of key e-commerce product areas, from on-site conversion to email flow optimization.
- Exceptional quantitative skills and aptitude. Deep knowledge of Excel.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Creative problem-solver with excitement to work on cross-functional teams and projects.
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.