Medical Reviewer - Blog Content
Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. We connect consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to sexual health, hair care, mental health, skincare, primary care, and more.
With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers is on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We believe how you feel in your body and mind transforms how you show up in life. That’s why we’re building a future where nothing stands in the way of harnessing this power. We normalize health & wellness challenges—and innovate on their solutions—to make feeling happy and healthy easy to achieve. No two people are the same, so we provide access to personalized care designed for results. At our core, our mission is deeply personal—because we too are customers.
About the Role:
The Hims and Hers platform is looking for clinicians to serve as health researchers and reviewers. This function is requested and performed on an ‘as-needed’ basis. We are excited to open up this opportunity to more medical professionals who have the skillset to research and distill the state of science as it relates to particular topics.
At a high level, there are two key responsibilities:
- Research prior to article-writing:
- Vet sources based on Hims & Hers medical research guidelines
- Use medical judgment to add new and relevant sources
- Summarize sources for a non-medically educated writer
- Provide a medical “thesis statement” to guide the direction of the article
- Review and edit the article outline
- Review after article-writing:
- Final medical review of the writer's draft
- Recommend changes for medical accuracy
- Passion for medical credibility and accuracy
- Research and writing experience
- A knack for reviewing the literature (e.g. with PubMed) and identifying appropriate journal articles
- Ability to assess journal articles’ quality and level of evidence and to summarize significant information
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex scientific issues in a way everyone can understand
- Experience or specialty in men’s sexual health, hair loss (male and female), mental health (e.g. anxiety and depression) or weight management preferred
- Current license as a nurse practitioner, physician assistant, registered nurse, physician, etc.
- Medical research background and college degree also acceptable
- 3+ years of professional medical research experience
- Licensed healthcare professional - RN, NP, PA, Ph.D., MD, DO
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
This role is an independent contractor position. The anticipated compensation for this role will be between $140 and $150 per research article provided or after final medical review after writers draft. These fees are subject to adjustment based on a range of factors including skill set, experience and training, and geographic location.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.