AP Accountant - Accounting Ops
Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is the leading health and wellness platform, on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We are revolutionizing telehealth for providers and their patients alike. Making personalized solutions accessible is of paramount importance to Hims & Hers and we are focused on continued innovation in this space. Hims & Hers offers nonprescription products and access to highly personalized prescription solutions for a variety of conditions related to mental health, sexual health, hair care, skincare, heart health, and more.
Hims & Hers is a public company, traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about the brand and offerings, you can visit hims.com and forhers.com, or visit our investor site. For information on the company’s outstanding benefits, culture, and its talent-first flexible/remote work approach, see below and visit www.hims.com/careers-professionals.
About the Role:
The Accounting team manages all aspects of day-to-day general ledger accounting and period-end close responsibilities include the creation and distribution of internal financial reporting. To support business growth, we have created the role of Staff Accountant to assist with various areas of accounting and close processes including, but not limited to, marketing expenses, fixed assets, capitalization of internally developed software, foreign subsidiary accounting and reporting, and period-end financial reporting.
- Assist with the daily, weekly and monthly accounting tasks designed to maintain accurate general ledger activity.
- Assist with the month-end close process, including completing account reconciliations and preparing/posting manual journal entries, in a timely and accurate manner. Areas of responsibility include but not limited to: marketing, fixed assets, internally developed software, and our UK based subsidiary.
- Prepare period-end financial reporting package including the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement.
- Foster cross-functional relationships between Accounting, Marketing, Engineering, foreign subsidiary management, and Finance teams to ensure adequate communication around accurately recording and reporting of related areas.
- Review the work performed by the outsourced offshore accounting team and prepare new training instructions for the outsourced accounting team as needed.
- Assist with external audit and Sarbanes–Oxley Act (SOX) requests on quarterly and annual basis.
- Assist with ad-hoc accounting projects and resolve issues arising from daily accounting operations for assigned areas.
- Take ownership and initiative for process improvements and process documentation for assigned areas.
- 2-3+ years of experience in the accounting profession, with a public accounting or public company experience strongly preferred
- BA or BS degree from a top-ranking university with Accounting degree
- CPA track strongly preferred
- Advanced Excel Skills required
- Top-level critical thinking and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think through complex problems, determine proper processes, and derive accounting conclusions, and present results to the team
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage projects/tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be a team player, and ability to work well in both In-Person & Remote work environments
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Hims & hers is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send resumes to this email address.