Program Manager, Industrial Engineering
Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is the leading health and wellness platform, on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We are revolutionizing telehealth for providers and their patients alike. Making personalized solutions accessible is of paramount importance to Hims & Hers and we are focused on continued innovation in this space. Hims & Hers offers nonprescription products and access to highly personalized prescription solutions for a variety of conditions related to mental health, sexual health, hair care, skincare, heart health, and more.
Hims & Hers is a public company, traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about the brand and offerings, you can visit hims.com and forhers.com, or visit our investor site. For information on the company’s outstanding benefits, culture, and its talent-first flexible/remote work approach, see below and visit www.hims.com/careers-professionals.
About the Role:
The Industrial Engineering Program Manager (IE Program Manager) will oversee critical programs and project management involving engineering functions for Operations, Fulfillment, Safety, Learning, Pharmacy, and Compounding teams reporting to the Director of Industrial Engineering. The IE Program Manager will focus on the strategic programs identified by the cross functional teams and Director of IE, and will directly support the goals of these teams to ensure we meet our organizational objectives and goals. This IE PM will work closely with teams across the company, to ensure that critical and enterprise initiatives are met. This role will focus on strategic initiatives set forth by Head of S&OP and Director of IE to ensure that projects, product launches, and critical functionalities within Fulfillment Operations & Pharmacy Compounding are properly managed across functions in order to meet deadlines and reflect the needs of various company stakeholders. The desired candidate will be creative, dedicated, and motivated, be passionate about healthcare, and love solving problems. At time, this role may serve as a proxy for the Director of Industrial Engineering or their direct reports.
- Lead project initiatives by ensuring critical business issues and medical compliance are addressed in project decisions; drive process changes based on stakeholder feedback; and ensure high-quality project deliverables.
- Focus on the strategic road map of the Industrial Engineering team as identified by Operations leadership to ensure critical projects and milestones are met while properly partnering with cross functional partners to ensure critical requirements have been met & stakeholder initiatives are realized.
- Evaluate program benefits to drive prioritization decisions and communicate financial impact to our Finance partners.
- Collaborate closely with others to identify requirements, manage programs, prioritize based on need, and hit milestones for cross functional programs
- Engage in dialogue and use good judgment to balance internal and external stakeholder priorities
- Communicate program or project schedule, capital budget tracking and critical updates or issues through constant engagement
- Develop and promote processes to facilitate streamlined work for the teams and cross-functionally in areas of continuous improvement, process analysis, material handling design, labor standards, facility planning, safety & quality compliance
- At times, this role may serve as a proxy for the Director of Industrial Engineering or their direct reports.
- Lead or participate in cross-functional improvement projects to drive operational excellence
- Utilize principles of lean manufacturing and ergonomic design to ensure efficient and safe workspaces are created during project design phase and document such efforts to ensure requirements are being met.
- Analyze space utilization and recommend improvements to onsite IEs to help maximize storage capacity and optimize workflow
- 5+ years of work experience in Industrial engineering functions managing projects or programs, perform continuous improvement, capital budgeting and facility design in a warehouse or manufacturing setting.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written & verbal: Confidently and clearly know what, when, and how to get a message across. Experience working diplomatically with high-profile stakeholders.
- Self-starter aptitude and ability to work independently: At ease working in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple projects and managing competing priorities
- Presentation and analytical skills: Comfortable using Microsoft Office or Google Suite, and able to learn our other platforms.
- Technical aptitude: Experience or ability to learn programs including but not limited to SQL, Confluence, Jira, Smartsheets, and Looker.
- Strong knowledge of process improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, and Kaizen.
- Proficiency in process mapping, data analysis, and statistical tools.
- Experience with facility layout design and optimization using AutoCAD and Sketchup
- Ability to lead and drive change, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of automation technologies like conveyance, AMRs etc. and its related software systems used in pharmacy and fulfillment operations is a plus
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
Conditions of Employment:
- This position will require working with Hazardous Drugs (HD) and would require that Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) be worn for the length of working with these drugs. These items would include gloves, respiratory protection, gown and other items as required.
- This position requires medical approval to wear respiratory protection in the form of negative or positive pressure respirators, including N95, full face respirator, SCBA, or Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
- Physical exertion required. Including, but not limited to, walking up to 50% of the time, standing up to 100% of the time, squatting and bending up to 20% of the time and lifting up to 80% of the time for up to a twelve hour shift. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Due to the risk of reproductive capability in handling or compounding certain Hazardous Drugs (HD) associates must be willing to confirm that they understand the potential risks (teratogenicity, carcinogenicity and reproductive effects) of handling hazardous drugs.
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.