Lead Site Reliability Engineer
Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. We connect consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to sexual health, hair care, mental health, skincare, primary care, and more.
With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers is on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We believe how you feel in your body and mind transforms how you show up in life. That’s why we’re building a future where nothing stands in the way of harnessing this power. We normalize health & wellness challenges—and innovate on their solutions—to make feeling happy and healthy easy to achieve. No two people are the same, so we provide access to personalized care designed for results. At our core, our mission is deeply personal—because we too are customers.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Lead Site Reliability Engineer to help build a reliable web experience for our users. We believe that moving fast is our competitive advantage; that moving fast enables us to better serve our users. We also know that the faster we move, the more likely we are to break things.
- Develop and Build software to help DevOps, ITOps & support teams.
- Independently drive SRE projects to completion by working closely with key stakeholders.
- Hands on coding skills with any one of the programming technologies, Springboot, Java, Kotlin or Python
- Evangelize SRE discipline, and practices across the organization to improve overall system performance and stability.
- Participate in platform Architecture discussions, and ensure that the non-functional requirements related to performance, stability, and monitoring are baked into the design
- Ability to influence engineers, and product owners in a matrixed organization through technical know-how and thought leadership
- Actively seek and identify opportunities to improve the availability and performance of the system by applying the learnings from monitoring and observation.
- Handle emergency response either by being on-call or by reacting to symptoms according to monitoring and escalation when needed.
- Identify Service Level Indicators (SLIs), that will align the team to meet the availability and performance objectives.
- Perform and run blameless RCAs on incidents and outages aggressively looking for answers that will prevent incident reoccurrence.
- Use automation extensively to design, configure, manage, and monitor systems in support of our product development teams
- Design and implement SRE practices ensuring availability, scalability, and observability of production systems with a strong focus on excellent customer experience
- Standardize, and implement monitoring, logging, alerting, and SLO Reporting
- Manage Infrastructure through automation (Infrastructure as Code)
- Manage incidents and emergency response, track outages, ensure data integrity and engineer releases to promote safe, efficient and rapid deployments.
- 12+ years of total experience in a technical environment as an engineer and manager
- Experience with service-oriented architectures and microservices at scale
- Strong proficiency with RDBMS databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, etc.)
- Strong proficiency in SQL scripting
- Ability to use containers and orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes, Docker, Container registries etc.)
- Proficiency in Git or other VCS
- Proficiency developing in one or more languages such as Java, Kotlin, Python, and/or others
- Experience with configuring, customizing, and extending monitoring tools (Datadog, Prometheus, New Relic etc.)
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong technical competency, with a data-driven analytical approach towards solving complex challenges
- Have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong and effective communication skills and a sense of drive
- Nice-to-have: Experience with Terraform or other IAC tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.