Sr. Network Engineer
Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. We connect consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to sexual health, hair care, mental health, skincare, primary care, and more.
With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers is on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We believe how you feel in your body and mind transforms how you show up in life. That’s why we’re building a future where nothing stands in the way of harnessing this power. We normalize health & wellness challenges—and innovate on their solutions—to make feeling happy and healthy easy to achieve. No two people are the same, so we provide access to personalized care designed for results. At our core, our mission is deeply personal—because we too are customers.
About the Role:
Join our team at Hims and Hers Health, Inc. (Hims & Hers) as a Senior Network Engineer. We're a groundbreaking multi-specialty telehealth platform, revolutionizing healthcare accessibility. With a focus on Cisco Meraki solutions and cloud networking expertise, you'll help shape our dynamic network infrastructure. Your role directly impacts how we connect consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, making better health easily attainable.
- Design, implement, and maintain complex network infrastructures, emphasizing Cisco Meraki and AWS cloud networking at Hims and Hers Health.
- Experience with both traditional and cloud-based VPN solutions. Preferably with IPSec, SSL Client VPNs, Wireguard, or AWS Direct Connect.
- Experience with routing and switching protocol principles, SDN/SD-WAN related technologies, WLAN operating principles, and solid network foundation.
- Experience with Zero Trust Network Architecture platforms such as Netskope, ZScaler, or other ZTNA platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to align network architecture with business needs, security standards, and our dynamic telehealth environment.
- Provide technical leadership, guiding junior engineers to optimize our network within the context of healthcare innovation.
- Ensure network stability, performance, and security, supporting uninterrupted healthcare services.
- Evaluate and Implement security measures specific to Hims and Hers Health, safeguarding sensitive data and ensuring compliance.
- Conduct network assessments, enhancing our security posture and service quality.
- Stay updated with industry trends, adapting to telehealth's unique demands.
- Collaborate with vendors and respond to network emergencies to ensure seamless user experience.
- Participate in on-call rotations, reflecting our commitment to patient well-being.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (preferred but not required).
- 5+ years of network engineering experience.
- Experience with network design, network architecture, protocols and network topography.
- Expertise in Cisco Meraki solutions and AWS cloud networking.
- In-depth understanding of network security in a healthcare context.
- Relevant certifications: Cisco CCNP/CCIE, AWS Solutions Architect, etc.
- Proficiency in network monitoring, troubleshooting, and communication.
- Strong problem-solving skills in healthcare innovation.
- Ability to lead and mentor junior engineers.
- Scripting and automation skills (a plus).
- Experience with network designing software (e.g. Visio).
- Some travel may be required as needed to our sites across the United States
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.