Sr. Data Scientist
Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. We connect consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to sexual health, hair care, mental health, skincare, primary care, and more.
With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers is on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We believe how you feel in your body and mind transforms how you show up in life. That’s why we’re building a future where nothing stands in the way of harnessing this power. We normalize health & wellness challenges—and innovate on their solutions—to make feeling happy and healthy easy to achieve. No two people are the same, so we provide access to personalized care designed for results. At our core, our mission is deeply personal—because we too are customers.
About the Role:
As a Senior Data Scientist at Hims & Hers, you will be responsible for identifying opportunities to apply data science and machine learning techniques to improve our marketing, products and processes. You will partner cross-functionally with Analytics, Product, Marketing and Operations to run deep-dive analysis, build models and create innovative ML solutions in telehealth that drive improvements for our business.
We are looking for someone with strong experience building and deploying data science and machine learning solutions in marketing, business analytics, and operations. You’ll be someone who has a passion for driving business impact through data science, has strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with business partners. If you are excited about being part of the growing data science organization at Hims & Hers and using data science to disrupt the healthcare industry through innovative solutions– this is the role for you!
- Identify opportunities to apply data science and machine learning solutions across marketing, business analytics, and operations
- Process data from disparate sources and perform sophisticated analysis to enable decision making by leveraging exploratory data analysis, statistical modeling or machine learning techniques
- Drive projects in areas like customer segmentation, customer lifetime value and retention prediction, importance modeling of early customer interactions, and revenue forecasting
- Contribute to marketing mix modeling and marketing attribution models
- Supervise and shape marketing and growth experimentation practices
- Partner with engineers and business stakeholders to design, develop and deploy ML products end-to-end to drive business outcomes
- Contribute to the development of maturation of data science ecosystems, playbooks and best practices
- 3+ years of experience in data science along with an MS or PhD degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, or related fields
- Expert-level knowledge in statistical experimentation or A/B testing principles
- Proficient in working with structured and unstructured data from multiple sources by using data science programming languages, such as Python or R
- Expert use of SQL to support analysis and data science methods
- Solid background in machine learning and statistical modeling techniques, such as classification, clustering, dimensionality reduction, forecasting, recommender system, and optimization. Knowledge in Deep Learning, CNN’s, GAN’s, Natural Language Processing (NLP) is a plus
- Experience of the entire ML model lifecycle (modeling approach ideation, data exploration, model development and prototyping, deployment, monitoring and iteration)
- Experience with cloud-based platforms, such as Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Results-oriented with strong project management and communications skills
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- An inclusive culture where we are always looking for improvement and cherish your input
- Great compensation package, including equity
- Unlimited PTO (10 holidays off), Mental Health days (1 day off per quarter)
- Generous Parental Leave
- High-coverage medical, dental & vision
- Mental health & wellness benefits
- Offsite team retreats
- Access to Amazon HIMS Store to order any additional equipment to ensure you have the gear you need
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products, and at the Apple Store
- $75 monthly connectivity stipend (phone/internet)
- 401k Match
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!