Vice President, Consumer Communications
Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. We connect consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to sexual health, hair care, mental health, skincare, primary care, and more.
With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers is on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We believe how you feel in your body and mind transforms how you show up in life. That’s why we’re building a future where nothing stands in the way of harnessing this power. We normalize health & wellness challenges—and innovate on their solutions—to make feeling happy and healthy easy to achieve. No two people are the same, so we provide access to personalized care designed for results. At our core, our mission is deeply personal—because we too are customers.
About the Role:
The Communications team has the awesome responsibility of not only defining and positioning Hims & Hers in the public eye, but also being on the cutting edge of introducing the telehealth industry to an increasingly broad audience. We shape and share Hims & Hers’ story. We develop strategies to raise awareness, increase acceptance, build trust and loyalty, and drive adoption of our products and services. Our job is to find creative and compelling ways to educate, inform, and inspire the world of Hims & Hers, and telehealth holistically.
We’re a team of intellectually curious, creative storytellers and problem solvers. You love making the complex, simple and the abstract, resonate. You thrive working in the fast pace of a startup while being the steward of a public company that serves people’s health and well being. You can build from scratch, think big and start small, lead projects to align with business goals, contribute to cross-functional initiatives, and be a trusted partner to our legal, finance, product, medical, and marketing teams.
The VP of Consumer Communications will lead the development and execution of a world-class communications strategy to connect with our customers and drive excitement for and understanding and adoption of our telehealth platform, services, and products. Working closely with cross-functional teams, including product, marketing, social, content, and clinical, you and your team will coordinate major brand moments, special projects, and campaigns, and most importantly proactive storytelling efforts. Reporting directly to the CCO, you will have a finger on the pulse of cultural trends, analyze data, and create effective communications campaigns that engage consumers and drive growth.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive consumer communications and public relations strategy that supports the company's overall brand and business objectives.
- Lead the management of media relations, including the development of press announcements, proactive storytelling, press events, product launches.
- Monitor industry trends and competitor activity to ensure the company's communications strategy stays ahead of the curve and drives the conversation.
- 15+ years of hands-on communications experience, with significant experience in consumer-facing, public companies.
- Proven track record of building and advancing groundbreaking narratives, demonstrating strong business momentum.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and strong project management.
- Experience executing media campaigns, building relationships with media, and working with executives.
- Strong media relationships and ability to work effectively with external partners.
- Experience leading and building teams and a strong team player and creative thinker; ability to influence without authority and build partnership across organizations.
- Highly organized and self-motivated who instinctively and consistently creates personal and professional stretch goals and meets them
- Intellectually curious and inspired to try new ways of working
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.