Vice President, Field Sales-Public Schools
Excelligence Learning Corporation.
- KCMO, MO, USA
- Full Time
In a time of unprecedented expansion, we are seeking a Public School (K-8) Vice President of Field Sales to join our team. In this role, you will thoughtfully and steadily build and expand our Field Sales Team focused on the Public-School segment nationwide. You will have the opportunity to build a team and provide significant input regarding roles and responsibilities, geographic focus, KPI's, and other key measurements for success.
This position also requires new and existing client visitations on a regular basis to assess emerging and on-going needs. The ideal candidate has excellent presentation skills and the ability to speak to customer needs at all levels, including teachers, administrators, state influencers, and other Public Sector officials.
- Teaming with key stake holders to build a high energy, powerful, and successful Field Sales Team in high potential markets across the U.S
- Helping form and modify sales strategies with insightful recommendations and subsequent excellent execution
- Planning selling activities on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to ensure maximum available selling time
- Managing a robust field sales pipeline
- Consistent and meaningful coaching to each Sales Team member
- Working with Field Team to pursue relationships with city, county and state government officials, school district administrators and community-based organizations to support key state and local initiatives and uncover Grant/Funding opportunities in the Public School arena
- Providing Inside and Outside Sales teams with details on all significant bids, RFPs, projects, competitor data, industry trends, customer activity, and events in their territory
- Partnering with Inside Sales teams as well as our Product Development and Merchandising organizations to support the needs of educators
- Regularly and effectively working across departments, including the Executive Leadership team
- Maintaining an on-going awareness of local, state and national trends and important funding/grant opportunities
- Participating in local, state and national conferences to assertively promote all Excelligence Brands
- Minimum 15+ years of Senior Level Public School Field Sales experience with a proven track record of success
- Relationship management experience with school networks/superintendents
- Significant and tangible experience in identifying and capturing Grant/Funding dollars across the Public School segment
- Involvement/engagement on Senior Leadership teams a plus
- Ability to travel (+50% of the time), including overnight stays to meet with customers, attend events, and ride-along with the Sales Team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Kustomer, and Salesforce.com
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Great attention to detail
At Excelligence Learning Corporation, we are committed to providing quality educational resources and opportunities for children. Join us in our mission to support early and elementary education by driving profitable business growth through strategic partnerships and Professional Development Program expansion. Apply today and make a difference in the lives of children across the nation!
Excelligence is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees, employment applicants and other covered persons without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, religion or creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship status, genetic information, military or veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.