Excelligence Learning Corporation.
- Southlake, TX, USA
- 90000-120000 per year
- Full Time
Excelligence Learning Corporation is the world's leading tech-enabled platform company in early childhood and elementary education. Educators, parents, and children in more than 40 countries use our 20,000+ innovative, high-quality and grade-appropriate educational products and teaching solutions to teach, learn and grow. Excelligence's diversified portfolio of leading businesses and brands delivers quality, innovation, service, and value on a global scale, by leveraging cutting edge technologies, early brain research science, digital first product and go-to-market development, and state-of-the-art fulfillment.
Summary of Position:
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure Infrastructure and Security Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the implementation and ongoing maintenance of multiple web applications operating on the AWS and Azure platform for our technical operating environment in support of a DevOps and DevSecOps operating approach.
Your duties will include operating and native and customer technical infrastructure services and capabilities, implementing and maintaining security tools and services, , application, services, and security management and monitoring capabilities. You'll also be responsible for addressing and mitigating infrastructure, application, and security concerns and vulnerabilities on an ongoing basis.
Furthermore, you will work closely with our application development resources to ensure seamless support for our DevOps and DevSecOps approaches to web application development and management and their supporting technical components. Your expertise will be crucial for troubleshooting and remediating technical operating environment issues to ensure constant resiliency, scalability, and availability of our technical operating environments.
This role will also involve contributing to the development and documentation of technical infrastructure and application architecture designs for our products and services. Ensuring business resiliency by developing and maintaining various plans such as Incident Readiness, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery plans will be a critical aspect of your responsibilities.
Additionally, you will play a key role in ensuring our technical operating environments meet compliance requirements, including United States State Privacy Laws, PCI, and FERPA requirements, and providing timely responses to compliance related questionnaires and inquiries by our customers and partners.
Lastly, you will provide invaluable feedback to our product management, technology leadership, and business leadership teams, recommending enhancements and capabilities that support continuous improvement of our technical operating capabilities.
The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced, detail-oriented individual with a strong background in AWS and web application support, excellent problem-solving skills, and a keen eye for identifying potential improvements in our technology infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the architecture, design, implementation and maintenance of web applications operating on the Amazon AWS platform for Frog Street technical operating environment.
- Identify, implement and operate, and monitor security tools, services, and capabilities, ensuring secure operations of web applications on AWS.
- Ensure routine maintenance and monitoring of infrastructure, application, services, and security capabilities.
- Identity and operate native services within Amazon AWS to support Frog Street technical operating environments and applications.
- Implement, document, and maintain DevOps and DevSecOps practices and procedures, patch management, configuration management, change management, IT operations SOPs, and security SOPs for Frog Street technical operating environments.
- Actively identify, assess, and remediate security risks, concerns and vulnerabilities in Frog Street technical operating environments.
- Collaborate with application development resources to coordinate support for Frog Street web applications and supporting technical components.
- Troubleshoot and remediate technical environment errors, outages, scaling activities, ensuring constant availability of Frog Street technical operating environments.
- Assist in the development and documentation of technical infrastructure and application architecture design for Frog Street products and services.
- Establish and maintain business resiliency capabilities, including Incident Readiness plans, Business Continuity plans, and Disaster Recovery plans.
- Ensure Frog Street technical operating environments can support required compliance requirements such as State Privacy Laws, PCI, and FERPA requirements.
- Respond to compliance related questionnaires and inquiries by customers and partners.
- Provide feedback to Frog Street product management, technology leadership, and business leadership on potential enhancements and capabilities to continually improve technical operating capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience with Amazon AWS, including the implementation, securing, operations, and maintenance of web applications.
- Proven experience with identifying implementing, operating and monitoring security tools, services, and capabilities in a web application environment.
- Familiarity with IT operations SOPs, patch management, configuration management, and change management.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with experience in troubleshooting and remediating technical environment errors and outages.
- Strong knowledge of compliance requirements, including State Privacy Laws, PCI, and FERPA requirements.
- Experience in DevOps and DevSecOps methods, practices, tools, and operating activities
- Demonstrated experience with the development and documentation of technical infrastructure and application architecture design.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining business resiliency capabilities, including Incident Readiness, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery plans.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to provide feedback and guidance to various stakeholders.
- Must be team-oriented, with the ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups.
Excelligence is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees, employment applicants and other covered persons without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, religion or creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship status, genetic information, military or veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws.